Report: Settlement reached in Paula Deen suit
Updated On: Aug 23 2013 08:04:26 PM EDT
Lawyers have reached a deal to dismiss a sexual harassment and discrimination lawsuit against Paula Deen, The Associated Press reported.
The wire service said that both sides reached a settlement "without any award of costs or fees to any party," according to a document filed in U.S. District Court in Savannah, Ga.
Deen said in a statement that she was "looking forward to getting this behind me," but said she also plans to review workplace environment issues raised in the lawsuit, according to the AP.
A judge had dismissed race discrimination claims in the lawsuit on Aug. 12, the AP reported.
Deen's career and public reputation went into a tailspin earlier this summer after her deposition in the lawsuit, in which she admitted using the n-word in the past, was released. Dean has insisted she does not tolerate prejudice, but her apologies have failed to suppress the controversy.
Former employee Lisa Jackson alleged in the federal suit that Deen and her brother Bubba Hier committed numerous acts of violence, discrimination and racism that resulted in the end of her five years of employment at The Lady and Sons, and Uncle Bubba's Oyster House, two Savannah, Ga., restaurants run by Deen and her family.
Savannah is where Deen built her business and brand into what many consider the folksy face of Southern cooking.
In the media firestorm that followed, Deen lost lucrative endorsements and her Food Network cooking show, while the publication of her eagerly anticipated cookbook was canceled.
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.