Roanoke
74° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Advertisement

Accidental house fire leaves Roanoke resident without a home

By Web Staff, WDBJ7, news@wdbj7.com
Published On: Aug 27 2013 10:11:08 PM EDT
Fire-Generic
ROANOKE, Va. -

An accidental fire in Roanoke Tuesday evening has left one resident without a home.

At 5:45 p.m., Roanoke Fire-EMS responded to a house fire in the 3800 block of Rolling Hill Avenue. The fire was under control in about 15 minutes, according to a news release.

The fire was ruled as accidental and was caused by the improper disposal of flammable material in a trash can.

The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced resident.

Damage estimates are approximately $50,000.