Firefighters with Roanoke Fire-EMS put out a fire at a house in southeast Roanoke on Tuesday evening.
The call came in just after 8 p.m. Investigators believe the fire was started by an unattended heating source on the back porch. No one lived in the home.
When crews arrived at the scene in the 900 block of Bullitt Avenue heavy smoke was visible near the back of the house and in the kitchen, where the fire started.
Most of the damage was contained to the back of the house.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put out the fire. According to the fire chief damage estimates were about $25,000.
No cause has been determined at this time.
Crews are working to put out a fire at a home on Bullitt Avenue in southeast Roanoke.
WDBJ7 photographer Trevor Fair is on the scene in the 900 block of Bullitt Avenue now.
According to Roanoke Fire-EMS, the fire escalated to a 2nd alarm and additional crews were called in around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. More man power was necessary as cold temperatures can cause additional dangers when fighting fires, according to a tweet on the Roanoke Fire-EMS twitter page.
We will update the story with more details as they come into the newsroom.