71° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy

Man taken to burn center after Danville house fire

Published On: Jan 04 2014 09:31:30 AM EST

A man is in a North Carolina burn center after an overnight fire in Danville.

Fire crews were called to Stokes Street after midnight for a house fire.

When they got there, the front of the home was on fire.

The man who lived there was found on the street, with severe burns.

Crews later learned the house was supposed to be vacant.

The man was using a space heater, which started the fire.

There's no word on his condition.