Roanoke
23° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Residents evacuated following cooking accident in Roanoke

Published On: Jul 23 2013 04:35:52 AM EDT
Updated On: Jul 23 2013 08:22:43 AM EDT

Someone fell asleep after putting some food on the stove at an apartment on Bluemont Avenue around three Tuesday morning.

It was a rude wake-up call for some people in Roanoke Tuesday morning.

Someone fell asleep after putting some food on to cook at an apartment on Bluemont Avenue around 3:00.

That caused the whole 3rd floor to fill with smoke.

Firefighters broke down the door of the apartment to get in.  They then evacuated eight people while taking the smoking pots off the stove and out of the apartment.

No one was hurt.

The apartments weren't heavily damaged.