HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: In-game scores and updates
Updated On: Sep 06 2013 10:44:35 PM EDT
- Salem 28, Patrick Henry 21, 4:48 left in 4Q: In our Friday Football Extra Game of the Week, the Spartans went ahead 14-7 on a 20-yard TD pass on 4th-and-3. PH tied the game with 4:42 left in the 3Q on a 16-yard run up the middle. The Patriots took the lead on a 9-yard touchdown run with 1:13 left in the 3rd. A Devante Payne 1-yard TD for the Spartans evened the score at 21 with 7:56 left in the 4Q. A 13-yard TD put Salem up 28-21 with 4:48 left in regulation.
- Galax 35, Floyd 15, 2nd Half: The Maroon Tide ran back the opening kickoff, and haven't slowed down yet. A 12-yard Joseph Dixon TD run put Galax up 27-6. Darian Brown ran back an interception to make it 35-6, Galax.
- Northside 44, Cave Spring 0, 8:22 left in 4Q: The Vikings' opened the scoring, set up by a 68-yard run by their quarterback. Northside got back on the board on a pass from Dom to Buckner. A Zack Large FG before halftime put the Vikings up 24-0 at the break. Northside's Sam Krisner made it 31-0 on a 7-yard TD in the 3rd Quarter.
- Pulaski 24, Radford 14, 9:58 left in 4Q: The Cougars lead early after a 40-yard touchdown scamber by Quincy Rollins. Dillon Alley put the Cougars up 21-7 with a 25-yard TD run with 8:32 left in the 3Q. A 1-yard TD with 5:20 left in the 3Q brought Radford within 21-14.
- Giles 21, Christiansburg 18, 8:45 left in 4Q: The Spartans took the early lead. But the Blue Demons struck early in the 2nd half on a Kory Hendricks TD. The Spartans went back up 14-10 with 5:13 left in the 3rd.
- Lord Botetourt 45, Rustburg 0, late 2Q: Chris Thompson had 242 yards and four touchdowns -- before halftime. Thompson scored from 1-yard out and added a two-point conversion to open the scoring for the Cavaliers. A Lythgoe 17-yard touchdown put Lord Botetourt up 20-0.
- Altavista 55, Randolph-Henry 0, 3 mins left in 2Q: The Colonels' Destin Brown put them ahead by three scores on a 3-yard run.
- Liberty 33, Rockbridge 19, halftime: The host Wildcats climbed within 26-19 on a TD pass from Cameron Wood to Tyler Swisher.
- Franklin County 49, Bassett 13, end of 3Q: The Eagles got on the board early after being shut out last week by Salem.
- Jefferson Forest 49, Staunton River 0, late 2Q:
- GW Danville 32, Amherst 22, 3Q: 2:30 left in 3Q.
- Riverheads 14, Covington 7: Halftime
- Magna Vista 14, Dan River 7, halftime:
- Auburn 24, Craig County 0, 3Q: The Eagles are looking for their second straight win.
- James River 6, Glenvar 0, mid 2Q:
- William Fleming 21, Martinsville 19, 1:46 left in 4Q: The Colonels' first drive of the second half resulted in a 71-yard touchdown pass. Adams connected with Wade for a 39-yard touchdown pass for the Colonels to make it 21-6. The Bulldogs scored with 1:46 left in the fourth quarter to cut it to within two.
- Parry McCluer 7, Buffalo Gap 7: Halftime.
- William Byrd 21, Hidden Valley 14: 7:32 left in 4Q.
- Rural Retreat 14, Bland Co. 0: Halftime.
- Fort Chiswell 26, George Wythe 0, 8:00 left in 3Q:
Copyright © 2013, WDBJ7